to Kasmanda Palace
Kasmanda Palace is one of the oldest buildings of Mussoorie. It was originally a part of the Christ Church complex which was built in 1836 by Captain Rennie Tailour of the Bengal Engineers. It subsequently became a sanatorium for the British forces. Later, it was one of the first schools to be set up at Mussoorie. In 1915, it became the summer retreat of the royal family of Kasmanda.
In 1992 Rajkumar Dinraj Pratap Singhji and Kunwarani Saheba Yadu Nandini Singh of Kasmanda converted the main building into a Heritage Boutique Hotel under the name of the Kasmanda Palace Hotel.
At present Rajkumar Dinraj Pratap Singhji, along with his sons and grandsons, still visit and stay on the premises. Kasmanda Palace Mussoorie has been with the Kasmanda family now for 6 generations.
In 2014 the property will have been with the Kasmanda Royal family for a 100 years.
Kasmanda was one of the premier Taluqdaris of Awadh and is located near Lucknow.